Bethzaida Gonzalez was among the first family members allowed inside the Metropolitan Detention Center for visitation since the jail lost power and heat, and she’s still outraged at the conditions her husband and the other detainees have endured.

"He said they just got the heat yesterday, so it's coming up, they just got a blanket yesterday," said Bethzaida.

Meanwhile, outside the detention center, another night of demonstrations with protesters and relatives demanding accountability raged on.

"I hope there's a thorough investigation,” said Lynda Rose, whose husband is currently detained inside the prison. She continued, “[I hope] that they've repaired the infrastructure and that, if they need to be relocated to another facility, then that's done."

The federal defenders of New York are now filing a lawsuit against the federal Bureau of Prisons, arguing that officials cancelled legal and family visits at the jail and kept inmates on lockdown in dark cells during freezing temperatures after a fire led to a partial power outage.

Elected officials like Nydia Velazquez are also promising action.

“The acting director of the bureau from Washington is here, has been here all day. I expressed to him my frustration with the leadership, how the general public have been denied information, that is not the right thing to do and obviously we are going to hold people accountable."

But some still complain that heat remains a problem in some areas of the facility.

“The heat situation has been ongoing so we know that they're not lying…It's not consistent throughout,” Rose said.

Meanwhile, the NYPD has confirmed that a bomb threat was phoned in to Metropolitan Detention Center on Monday.

NY1's Lindsay Tuchman says she was asked to leave the premises, as were activists at the scene. She also said legal visitation was halted.

The Department of Justice says they are working with the Bureau of Prisons to investigate why inmates at a detention center in Brooklyn were without heat and power for days.