Police in Connecticut arrested a 12th suspect Monday night in connection to the fatal stabbing of a teenager in the Bronx last month.
Connecticut state police said troopers detained the suspect, Luis Cabrarasantos, after an electronic scan of a car's license plate — which officials said Cabrarasantos was driving on the I-84 near Southbury around 2:35 p.m. — signaled that the vehicle was wanted in connection to a homicide in New York City.
The 25-year-old Bronx resident was held on $1 million bond and was transported to the New Haven Correctional Center.
Connecticut state police said Cabrarasantos is slated for a court appearance in Waterbury before he will be extradited to New York.
Three of the other 11 men believed to be responsible for the killing of 15-year-old Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz appeared in a Bronx court on Monday.
21-year-old Danilo Payamps-Pacheco, 27-year-old Gabriel Ramirez Concepcion, and alleged Trinitarios gang ringleader Diego Suero, 29, have all pleaded not guilty to murder, manslaughter, and gang assault charges.
Prosecutors said the men were all caught on camera dragging Guzman-Feliz out of a Bronx bodega before repeatedly slashing and stabbing him just outside.
An attorney representing one of the suspects said he was at the scene but did not participate in the deadly attack.
"My client vehemently denies his guilt. He was merely present at the scene of a crime that other people committed. He did not touch the deceased, he did not drag the deceased, he did not stab the deceased," said Donald Vogelman, an attorney for Payamps-Pacheco.
Eight other suspects in the stabbing have already appeared in court and have entered not guilty pleas. They are due back in court on July 16.
Suspects Jose Muniz, Jose Tavarez, Jonaiki Martinez-Estrella, Daniel Fernandez, Manuel Rivera, and Antonio Hernandez-Santiago face a slew of charges, including murder, gang assault, and manslaughter.
Two other suspects, 19-year-old Kevin Alvarez and 23-year-old Elvin Garcia, have both pleaded not guilty on murder and manslaughter charges.
Police say Guzman-Feliz was dragged out of a bodega in the Belmont section of the Bronx by suspected gang members and slashed in the neck with a machete on June 20. The 15-year-old was pronounced dead at a local hospital. It is believed to be a case of mistaken identity.
The killing of Guzman-Feliz has sparked outrage on social media, with the hashtag #JusticeForJunior being picked up around the country.
The 15-year-old was a member of the NYPD Explorers Program and had dreams of becoming a detective.