An electrical fire is behind a two alarm blaze Monday morning that left a Bayside family homeless.

Firefighters responded to a basement fire on 202nd Street just before nine in the morning.

The owner of the home tells NY1 the fire started near his boiler. 

He says after trying to put the blaze out on his own the smoke became too much and he evacuated with his wife and dog.

FDNY officials say they had difficulty getting to the source of the fire. 

"The first arriving units were met with a basement fire in a heavy clutter Collyer's Mansion type of situation, so they were hindered with getting access to the basement fire, actually finding it, making searches," said James McNally, Deputy Chief, FDNY.

The owner of the home says he has lived there for more than 30 years. 

According to the FDNY one firefighrter suffered a minor injury.  The blaze has been ruled accidental.