NEW YORK - A dog is recovering after it ate multiple pins in some food she found in a Manhattan park this week.

Terence Doherty tells NY1 on Monday his dog, Murphy, picked up something filled with pins in in Fort Tryon Park, but Doherty was able to take it from her.

They went back the next day and that's when Murphy bit into a burrito that was on the ground, also filled with pins.

The dog had to undergo emergency surgery Wednesday after getting sick.

Doherty says this is no accident.

"I think it was set there - the second thing was planned out - it was sticking like somebody planted it in the ground and they opened the top of it, so like an animal could sort of get at it," he said.

Doherty says the vet removed eight pins. 

He says he plans to file a police report.