Mayor Bill de Blasio sits down for a wide-ranging interview with NY1 Political Reporter Grace Rauh during his weekend trip to Burlington, Vermont for a meeting with progressive leaders at the first gathering of the Sanders Institute. The mayor discusses:
- Why he thinks the conference can help him move his progressive agenda forward.
- Why his political action committee (PAC) isn't paying for the trip.
- If he supports a potential Sen Bernie Sanders 2020 presidential run, or if he hopes the Vermont senator will give him his blessing to run for president.
- If there's a split between de Blasio and other progressives on Amazon's HQ2 coming to New York City.
- The possibility that the federal government could take over the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA).
- If de Blasio deleted emails between himself and campaign donor Jona Rechnitz, who has said he was able to buy special access to City Hall.