The upcoming ‘Homecoming’ concert in Central Park in August will now require proof of vaccination, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced on Tuesday.

No social distancing requirements will be mandated among the crowd of vaccinated attendees, city officials said. 

“Everyone who wants to participate, do the right thing and get vaccinated so you can fully enjoy this amazing, amazing week,” de Blasio said at a Tuesday news conference where he announced more details about the Aug. 21 concerts and a series of events that will take place starting Aug. 14. 

Proof of vaccination will be checked as people enter the concert area, according to the mayor. But details on how this process will look will be forthcoming, he added. 

The mayor also emphasized the ramifications of forging a vaccination card: “If someone forges it, that’s a violation of the law. That comes with penalties so we’ll be addressing that issue as well.”

The announcement comes amid rising concerns over the delta variant, which is now the dominant strain in the U.S., including New York City.

The Great Lawn can accommodate 60,000 people and 80% of those tickets will be free for the general public, according to the de Blasio administration. The remaining 20% will go towards VIP ticket sales. 

Famed producer Clive Davis and de Blasio announced the lineup for the event. The artists scheduled to perform include LL Cool J, Elvis Costello, Wyclef Jean, Carlos Santana, Rob Thomas and more. 

Jennifer Hudson, Bruce Springsteen and Paul Simon were previously announced as the event's headliners

“Never have I witnessed what our city has gone through in the last year and a half,” said Davis, who is producing the event. “As a born, bred and true New Yorker, I well know how resilient we are, how New York always comes back and, yes, ladies and gentleman, we are coming back.”