The cause of a fire that killed a man earlier this month has been ruled accidental, the FDNY says.

FDNY fire marshals say the fire was caused by "sequenced power strips powering multiple components."



FDNY officials had previously stated that there were no sprinklers or working smoke detectors inside the apartment.

           MORE COVERAGE:

Firefighters found 67-year-old Todd Brassner unresponsive in his apartment on April 7th. 

He later died of smoke inhalation at the hospital.  

Six firefighters were hurt trying to put out the flames.