Local elected officials are trying to spread the word about two of the city's rent freeze programs.

Councilmember Barry Grodenchik and Assemblywoman Nily Rozic co-hosted an enrollment event for the programs on Friday.

Some seniors and people with disabilities who make less than $50,000 a year and live in rent-stabilized apartments can now enroll.

If eligible, tenants can receive a property tax credit to cover any increases in their rent.

"Costs keep rising and so by being enrolled in these programs, if you live in a rent stabilized apartment the city will pick up the cost of those increases and now it's up to $50-thousand which is a significant amount of money, " Grodenchik said.

To find out if you qualify for the rent freeze programs visit the city's website or call Councilman Grodenchik's office at (718) 468-0137.