A grease fire was the cause of heavy smoke coming from Grand Central Terminal Tuesday, fire officials and the general manager of Junior's said.

The NYPD says it started in the kitchen of the Junior's restaurant

The fire sent smoke up through the ductwork.

Officials are cleaning up water after putting out the flames.

The Fire Department says it got the call at about 2 p.m. Tuesday.

Other restaurants in the dining area are still open, and train service is not affected.

Officials say there are no reported injuries.

Junior's says it hopes to reopen shortly.

Picture courtesy of Twitter userĀ @kevinjcall.