A science lab experiment accident at a Queens school sent 20 people to the hospital with minor injuries.

A student told NY a classmate at the Holy Child of Jesus School poured a chemical onto aluminum foil as part of a science experiment, when it exploded.

Officials tell us the room filled with smoke and the students had to be evacuated.

"Some of us had to go to the hospital because we were having weird symptoms. Like, I was getting kind of like a sore throat and my throat was burning. And people were actually vomiting, like, into the garbage cans cause it was so bad and they had burning eyes. And sometimes people weren't able to breathe, so it was really bad,” said a student.

The students were checked out for eye irritation and inhalation among other things.

All were released.