On the November 4, 2017 episode of On Stage, hosted by Frank DiLella from The Public Theater to celebrate the institution's 50th anniversary:
- Lin-Manuel Miranda, who developed "Hamilton" at the Public, talks to us about the theater's importance.
- Artistic director Oskar Eustis examines the Public's legacy, from "Hair" to "A Chorus Line" to "Hamilton."
- Three members of the "Hair" family — book and lyric writer James Rado, original Broadway cast member Dale Soules, and 2009 revival cast member Caissie Levy — talk to us about the importance of the musical, which launched the Public 50 years ago.
- Frank hears from Daniel Breaker, the new Aaron Burr in "Hamilton."
- We interview playwright Richard Nelson about "Illyria," a new drama currently playing at The Public about its founder Joe Papp.
- We profile Ben Vereen, who starred in "Hair" in 1968.