The New York Times Close Up 8/20/16
On the August 20, 2016 episode of The New York Times Close Up, hosted
by Sam Roberts:
- Former Rep. Anthony Weiner is seldom at a loss for words or opinions, and he expresses both in this Sunday's Times Magazine and on the program.
- The multi-faceted writer Caleb Carr discusses his latest thriller, "Surrender, New York," which meshes murder with the latest in forensic science and the realities of the political landscape post-9/11.
- Ronnie Lowenstein, the director of the Independent Budget Office, has been in office since the organization began in 1996. She'll explain how it's survived and thrived since its inception.
- And the New York Times reporters roundtable - with New York Times Contributing Writer Clyde Haberman, Editorial Board Contributing Writer Eleanor Randolph, Metro Investigative Reporter Russ Buettner and Presidential Campaign Correspondent and "The Run-Up" podcast host Michael Barbaro - convenes.
PICTURE OF THE DAY
Tune to Spectrum News NY1 on TV, online, on our app, or on Local On Demand Channel 1020 for:
• The New York Times Close Up, Sat. at 2pm and 10pm
• Talking Pictures, Sat. & Sun. 12:30am + Sat. 12:30pm
VOTE FOR YOUR TOP STORY FOR "THE CALL" SHOW