ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- An 18-year-old RIT mechanical engineering student suffered an electric shock Thursday.

The victim, 18-year-old Parker Anderson of Chili, was rushed to Strong Memorial Hospital with serious injuries.

Chili Fire Department Chief Kevin Steeves says Anderson was apparently working on a science project in the basement of a home on Dortmund Circle.

Anderson is currently in guarded condition at Strong.

According to Steeves, Anderson was unresponsive and CPR had to be administered.

Check back with Spectrum News for updates on this developing story.