A Harlem school is closed down after a three-year-old boy dies of a food allergy from reportedly being fed a grilled cheese sandwich.
According to a GoFundMe Page set up by the toddler's family, Elijah Silvera was given the sandwich at his class on November 3, despite the school knowing of his severe dairy allergy.
The family says the boy went into anaphylactic shock and was taken to the hospital where he later died.
The Department of Health released a statement saying they're looking into the tragedy but is closing the Center for Family Services as it investigates.
The GoFundMe page was set up to fund a second, independent autopsy.
Sources say the Administration for Children's Services will have staff at the center Thursday morning, assisting families in finding other child care programs.