Deadly NYPD involved shooting footage expected to be released
The New York City Police Department reportedly plans to release footage from last week's police-involved shooting in the Bronx.
It was the first of its kind captured on body cameras.
Newsday says Police Commissioner James O'Neill has discussed the case with Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark.
They agreed the images should be released in a way that does not affect the investigation.
Officers were doing a wellness check on a 31-year-old man at a home in Edenwald last Wednesday.
Once inside, sources say they found Miguel Richards with a knife in one hand and the other behind his back.
Police told him to drop the knife, and that's when Richards pulled out what was later determined to be a fake gun.
Officers shot Richards several times and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Law enforcement sources tell the paper the NYPD will release about 12 minutes of video taken from four officers.