In Transit 9/16/16
NY1 VIDEO: Jose Martinez rounds up the week’s headlines from the transit beat. He also talks about the remnants of the old Penn Station that still survive in plain sight with playwright Justin Rivers, who set his 2015 Off-Broadway play “The Eternal Space” amid the demolition of the station.
- WRONG ARM OF THE LAW: Off-duty NYPD officer charged with slugging J train conductor, setting off commuting chaos for thousands
- 1 WAY TO BROOKLYN: Firm dreams of extending 1 train to Red Hook & Sunset Park as part of mega-development
- CHARGE IT: SI Ferry riders can now plug in at terminals after fights on boats led to power being cut
- CATWALK GOES TO THE DOGS: Furry fashion show inside new mall at 59th Street/Columbus Circle station
- PENN’S RELICS: Remnants of long-lost station remain and you can see them