City Health Beat 2/25/17
NY1 VIDEO: On the February 25, 2017 episode of City Health Beat, Dr. Andrea Bedrosian spoke to host Erin Billups about why Bariatric Surgery is the best method for people fighting obesity; plus the following stories:
- CDC warns flu shot is only effective half of the time this season — because the strain of the flu mostly being seen this season is Influenza A, but the vaccine is better at combating Influenza B.
- A new study suggests cannabis may help fight the opioid crisis.
- Lenox Hill hospital is arming their staff in this gear with germ-resistant scrubs.
PICTURE OF THE DAY
Tune to Spectrum News NY1 on TV, online, on our app, or on Local On Demand Channel 1020 for:
• The New York Times Close Up, Sat. at 2pm and 10pm
• Talking Pictures, Sat. & Sun. 12:30am + Sat. 12:30pm
VOTE FOR YOUR TOP STORY FOR "THE CALL" SHOW