City Health Beat 1/21/17
NY1 VIDEO: The January 21, 2017 episode of City Health Beat, hosted by NY1 health reporter Erin Billups, looks at the following topics and more:
- President Trump forges ahead with his promise to eliminate the Affordable Care Act. But what is its cost? We'll take a look at some new findings.
- The New York State Assembly takes steps to protect reproductive rights with some new legislation.
- A new study shows that an MRI might be more useful than a biopsy when it comes to determining the difference between aggressive and harmless prostate cancers, sparing men unnecessary treatments.
- Miriam Laugesen, the author of "Fixing Medical Prices," and an associate professor of health policy and management at Columbia's Mailman School of Public Health, visits the show.
- Lianne Mandelbaum, founder of "No Nut Traveler," discusses what parents of a highly-allergic child should know when flying.
PICTURE OF THE DAY
Tune to Spectrum News NY1 on TV, online, on our app, or on Local On Demand Channel 1020 for:
• The New York Times Close Up, Sat. at 2pm and 10pm
• Talking Pictures, Sat. & Sun. 12:30am + Sat. 12:30pm
VOTE FOR YOUR TOP STORY FOR "THE CALL" SHOW