City Health Beat 10/15/16
NY1 VIDEO: The October 15, 2016 edition of "City Health Beat," hosted by NY1 health reporter Erin Billups, looks at the following topics and more:
- New trend in healthcare as yet another hospital is opting to close an aging, costly facility instead opting for smaller, updated locations in the same neighborhood.
- State health insurance marketplace open enrollment begins November 1st.
- New study looks at whether your hospital bed could put you at a higher risk of infection?
- New study: Running could help improve brain health for patients with MS or other neurological disease.
- Guest: Dr. Prabhjot Singh discusses health disparities in the city.
- Trying to get pregnant, try changing your diet. There are some foods that could help improve your chances