FDNY: Electrical Cord Sparked Fatal Island Fire
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
FDNY officials say an electrical cord is to blame for the five-alarm fire that killed two Staten Island brothers in January.
Officials say the cord caught fire under a sofa in Seandale and Sha-Ron Gutter's Port Richmond home.
The January 10 blaze engulfed a total of six houses and it took nearly 300 firefighters to battle the flames.
The fire was originally labeled "suspicious" because of how fast it spread.
The brothers were both in their 20's.