Sources: Deadly S.I. Fire Caused By Electrical Problem
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
Sources tell NY1 a fire that killed two brothers early Saturday morning on Staten Island likely started because of an electrical problem.
However, the fire is still believed to have been deliberately set.
Seandale Gutter and Sha-Ron Gutter, both in their 20's, were killed when flames broke out in their house on Jewett Avenue in Port Richmond.
The fire engulfed the home and quickly spread to five neighboring houses.
"My two good brothers. They didn't have to go like that. Our family is so hurt and we are grieving so much and it's just too much to bear. It's just too much to bear," said Serina Johnson, the victims' sister.
"They was good boys. They was good boys, athletes. They played football. They was good, homebound, family-oriented. Seandale was a good dad to his son," said "Yaya", the victims' cousin.
Nearly 300 firefighters responded to the scene. Nine suffered minor injuries.