Updated 12/11/2008 03:19 PM
Community Steps Up Search For Suspect In Brooklyn Bias Attack
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
Local leaders took to the streets today to ask for the public's help finding the men wanted for an attack earlier this week that left an Ecuadorian man brain dead.
The elected officials were joined by the man's family to hand out flyers with the sketch of one of the suspects.
Up to four people are believed to have been a part of the attack – which police say they are investigating as a bias crime.
One of the suspects, picture on the right, is described as between 18 and 20 years old and about six-feet tall with a thin build. He was last seen wearing a dark baseball hat, black leather jacket, dark jeans, and boots.
"People wanted to take this flyer. People want to help and I think people want to send a message that Brooklyn and New York is a place of diversity that we love and embrace that diversity and we're not going to let these four individuals mar our great city," said City Council Speaker Christine Quinn.
Jose Sucuzhañay, 31, is being kept alive on life support.
Police say four men in a burgundy Ford Explorer attacked Jose and his brother Romel early Sunday morning at the intersection of Kossuth Place and Bushwick Avenue. Witnesses told police the attackers yelled anti-gay and anti-Hispanic slurs.
A $22,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-577-TIPS, by texting TIP577 to CRIMES, or by going to NYPDCrimeStoppers.com.