Faulty Wiring Blamed In Fire That Killed Young Bronx Girl
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
Fire officials believe a deadly fire in the Bronx that left a 7-year old girl dead early Sunday morning was accidental.
Investigators say the fire inside a fourth floor apartment located at 977 Grant Avenue in Morrisania was sparked by electrical wiring in the kitchen.
The flames spread throughout the top floor residence around 3 a.m. Sunday.
A canister of gasoline was found inside the kitchen but it is not believed to be behind what sparked the fire.
Hazel Martinez, 7, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her 3-year-old sister, Hailey, remains in critical condition.