How To Pick Up Social Security Checks In Sandy-Damaged Areas Of Queens
The following information is from the United States Postal Service.
Officials note that some ZIP Codes in Jamaica and the Rockaways will require a customer pickup of the SSI check. Those offices include:
• Post Office Box Customers only from Howard Beach and B Station Finance Unit are directed to Ozone Park Finance Station, 911 Liberty Avenue, in Jamaica.
• All SSI checks for Zip Codes 11691 and Inwood (11096) will be available at Mobile postal unit in front of Rockaway Main PO at 1836 Mott Ave., from 10 am to 1 pm.
• All SSI checks for Arverne 11692 and the Broad Channel Routes will be available at Moble unit in front of Arverne Post Office located at 329 Beach 59th Street from 10 am to 1 pm.
• All SSI checks for Rockaway Beach (11693), Rockaway Park (11694) and 11697 will be available at Mobile Unit in front of Rockaway Park Post Office located at 11325 Beach Channel Drive from 10 am to 1 pm.
• Remaining checks from these mobile units will be available at Jamaica Main Post Office lobby located at: 88-40 164th St in Jamaica for additional distribution between 2 pm and 4 pm.
In these locations, no checks will be released without proper identification. This includes photo identification and identification bearing the address exactly as it appears on the check. One form of ID meeting both requirements, such as a current driver’s license, is sufficient.
In Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island, customers with questions or concerns about their mail should call 718-348-3900 or 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777).
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.