Updated 07/31/2012 12:25 AM
Basketball Tournament Halted By Fatal Shooting Remains Stalled By NYPD
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
A Westchester man was arrested and charged with attempted murder in connection with last week's shooting at an annual basketball tournament in Manhattan's Rucker Park, and the competition was shut down again by the NYPD on Monday with no explanation.
Ricardo Laing, 24, of White Plains, N.Y. was arrested on Sunday and charged with shooting and wounding five people during a Entertainers Basketball Classic game at the Washington Heights landmark late Wednesday.
Former Knicks guard Nate Robinson was watching the game but was not injured.
The tournament's founder said Wednesday's shooting was the first incident of its kind in the games' 32-year history.
Police shut down the tournament on Thursday, and when tournament organizers wanted to resume play on Monday, the NYPD did not allow it.
Residents and NY1 were not told on Monday why the tournament was not allowed to resume, but it is presumed it was for safety reasons.
Organizers said safety is important to them, but they would like to get on with the games. as three NBA players were expected to attend the tournament Tuesday.