A boxing champion who was badly injured in a car crash in the Bronx last year hopes to one day return to the ring.
Pedro Sosa, 19, seen above, and his sister Jennifer were struck in October after getting out of their car following a multi-car pile up.
They were thrown 75 feet off an overpass of the Cross Bronx Expressway and Jennifer Sosa did not survive.
Speaking at the New York Daily News' Golden Gloves tournament on Tuesday night in the Bronx, Pedro Sosa said the last few months have been grueling for him.
"They didn't think I was going to recover this fast from the horrible accident that I had. they were surprised with how good I'm doing," said Sosa. "So, I think like in a year, probably a year-and-a-half, I can be healthy and I could probably, I can go back to the gym and start training."
The proceeds from the amateur boxing tournament are going toward Pedro Sosa's recovery and to help care for his sister's son.