Last-Minute Holiday Gift Ideas For Theater Fans
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
NY1's Frank DiLella provides several last-minute holiday gift ideas for theater fans.
* “Broadway in a Box”
- 25 Broadway cast albums in 1 box!
- Features original Broadway cast recordings of "Company", "West Side Story", "A Chorus Line", "Annie", "Into the Woods", etc.
- A great gift for someone looking to build his/her musical theater album collection.
Price: $90.00 – amazon.com
* “Carrie” off-Broadway cast album
- The 2012 off-Broadway cast recording of “Carrie”.
- Features: Marin Mazzie and Molly Ranson
- First time the show has ever been recorded – legally.
- $14.99 at www.sh-k-boom.com
* “Company” DVD
- The 2011 all star Lincoln Center concert of “Company”.
- Features: Neil Patrick Harris, Patti LuPone, Katie Finneran, Craig Bierko, etc.
- $19.99 at amazon.com or at www.broadwaycares.org, with proceeds going towards BC/EFA.
* “Les Miserables” 25th Anniversary DVD
- For that die-hard “Les Miz” fan - the 2010 25th Anniversary London celebration of "Les Miserables".
- Features: Norm Lewis, Lea Salonga, and “Les Miserables” film star - Samantha Barks.
- $14.00 at amazon.com or at www.broadwaycares.org, with proceeds going towards BC/EFA.
* Gwen Verdon Christmas ornament
- Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids annual leading lady ornament - part of the “Legends” collection.
- Features Gwen Verdon in her signature pose from "Sweet Charity".
- $55.00 at www.broadwaycares.org
* Theater tickets at Givenik.com
- If you're looking to buy theater tickets - try buying them from www.givenik.com.
- When you purchase a ticket, 5 percent of the ticket price goes towards a charity of your choice.
* “All Alone On Christmas” by The Midtown Men
- Broadway's original "Jersey Boys" turned "Midtown Men" recently recorded the holiday single "All Alone On Christmas".
- The song was produced and arranged by rock n' roll legend Steven Van Zandt.
- The song is available on iTunes. All proceeds go towards The American Red Cross.
Also, in wake of the tragic school shooting in Connecticut last week, Broadway performer Nick Blaemire and his band, “Nick Blaemire and The Hustle”, recently recorded a holiday song called "Wanted You To Know". All proceeds from that song will go towards the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. To find out more about the organization and song, log on to www.nickblaemireandthehustle.bandcamp.com.