Tuesday marks 11 years since the September 11th terrorist attacks, but it does not appear that the National September 11th Museum in Lower Manhattan will be completed anytime soon.
The New York Times says an ongoing dispute between Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Governor Andrew Cuomo could delay the museum's opening past the 12th anniversary of the attacks next September.
The paper says Bloomberg and Cuomo are bickering over who will pay the museum's operating costs and who will oversee it.
Bloomberg is chairman of the September 11th foundation which runs the memorial and museum.
But the Port Authority, which is jointly controlled by Cuomo and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, owns the World Trade Center site.
According to the Times, the Cuomo and Bloomberg camps took steps last week to try to resolve the situation, but an attempt last month to overcome differences got stuck.
With progress stalled, the Times says some September 11th foundation board members plan to hold a demonstration on Monday.