Mayor Bill de Blasio and Sen. Charles Schumer announced plans Saturday to help New Yorkers still recovering from Hurricane Sandy.
De Blasio said that the city is shifting $100 million in Hurricane Sandy aid directly to home rebuilding projects.
The mayor also said that checks are in the mail to homeowners who've applied for help through the city's previously stalled Build it Back Program.
De Blasio and Schumer said that New Yorkers who are still struggling have not been forgotten.
"We're here today to provide the beginning of answers and solutions," de Blasio said. "The human crisis of Sandy is deep, it is lasting, it will continue, and we will stand by the people affected until everyone is back on their feet."
"This is really a good day," Schumer said. "It's a turning point for all the people, the homeowners who were wiped out in Sandy. "
The two also announced a trio of appointments to lead the city's rebuilding efforts.