Saturday, April 19, 2014

Follow us:
Follow @NY1 on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

FDNY: Electrical Cord Sparked Fatal Island Fire

  • Text size: + -
TWC News: FDNY: Electrical Cord Sparked Fatal Island Fire
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

FDNY officials say an electrical cord is to blame for the five-alarm fire that killed two Staten Island brothers in January.

Officials say the cord caught fire under a sofa in Seandale and Sha-Ron Gutter's Port Richmond home.

The January 10 blaze engulfed a total of six houses and it took nearly 300 firefighters to battle the flames.

The fire was originally labeled "suspicious" because of how fast it spread.

The brothers were both in their 20's.

Related Stories

10.11.12.248 ClientIP: 23.23.2.137, 184.51.126.20, 10.48.37.151 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP