Sunday, December 28, 2014

Follow us:
Follow @NY1 on Twitter Follow NY1 News on Facebook Follow NY1 News on Google+ Subscribe to this news feed 


Sources: Deadly S.I. Fire Caused By Electrical Problem

  • Text size: + -
TWC News: Sources: Deadly S.I. Fire Caused By Electrical Problem
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

out of 10

Free Video Views Remaining

To get you to the stories you care about, we are offering everyone 10 video views per month.

Access to our video is always free for Time Warner Cable video customers who login with their TWC ID.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

Sources tell NY1 a fire that killed two brothers early Saturday morning on Staten Island likely started because of an electrical problem.

However, the fire is still believed to have been deliberately set.

Seandale Gutter and Sha-Ron Gutter, both in their 20's, were killed when flames broke out in their house on Jewett Avenue in Port Richmond.

The fire engulfed the home and quickly spread to five neighboring houses.

"My two good brothers. They didn't have to go like that. Our family is so hurt and we are grieving so much and it's just too much to bear. It's just too much to bear," said Serina Johnson, the victims' sister.

"They was good boys. They was good boys, athletes. They played football. They was good, homebound, family-oriented. Seandale was a good dad to his son," said "Yaya", the victims' cousin.

Nearly 300 firefighters responded to the scene. Nine suffered minor injuries.

Related Stories ClientIP:, UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 ( Profile: TWCSAMLSP