The Brooklyn man has accused three police officers of beating and sodomizing him in a Brooklyn subway station sued the city, the NYPD, and the officers involved for $200 million.
NY1 exclusively learned Friday that Michael Mineo filed a notice to claim, more than two months after his alleged attack. A city law spokesperson says officials are evaluating the legal papers.
Mineo says the three police officers attacked him inside the Prospect Park subway station in October.
Officer Richard Kern turned himself in last week. He is accused of sodomizing Mineo with his police baton and is charged with aggravated sexual abuse and assault. He could face a maximum of 25 years in prison if convicted.
Officers Alex Cruz and Andrew Morales also turned themselves in and are charged with hindering prosecution and official misconduct.
The three are also charged with misdemeanors, including falsifying records.
They have all pleaded not guilty.
In July 2001, police attack victim Abner Louima sued the city and the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association for $155 million. The case was settled for $8.75 million.