Saturday, August 30, 2014

Follow us:
Follow @NY1 on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Stove Top Fire Kills Elderly Woman

  • Text size: + -
TWC News: Stove Top Fire Kills Elderly Woman
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

An 87-year-old woman is dead after a fire in her Manhattan apartment.

The fire broke out just after midnight on the fourth floor of 345 Madison Street.

Investigators say the woman left food on the stove while cooking and was overcome by smoke.

One neighbor says he tried to help.

"I opened the door, she was inside the apartment. Smoke, there was a lot of smoke inside, and we tried to help her as much as we could," he said.

Ramos says he and his daughter performed CPR until rescue workers arrived.

The victim was later pronounced dead at Cornell Medical Center.

10.11.12.245 ClientIP: 54.211.68.53, 23.62.6.63, 10.48.37.141 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP