Two people were sent to the hospital in Brooklyn after a carbon monoxide incident in their building.
Fire officials are not sure what caused the gas leak.
Neighbors in surrounding buildings say they were evacuated as responders arrived on the scene, but were not worried about the condition of their apartments.
"I heard a noise outside so I came out there was a whole lot of fire trucks and ambulances outside. They asked us all to leave the building so I tried opening up as much as I could for them and we just all exited the buildings,” said one resident.
"My building is safe. I don't know about the one next door,” said a neighbor.
A baby and a 30-year-old man were taken to the hospital for treatment.
ConEd was unaware of the incident and has not responded to the scene.