After a state investigation that led to the disbanding of the board governing the Puerto Rican Day Parade, a new board met for the first time Saturday, but it wasn't warmly greeted, as protesters gathered outside the group's office in the Bronx.
State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman launched an investigation into the finances of the parade organizers last year.
He says the investigation found that a top fundraiser bilked the parade out of $1 million for his own personal use.
Schneiderman ousted three of the board's six current directors and added 10 new ones.
Demonstrators say they don't care about the politics surrounding the issue, that they just want the new board to put together a parade they can be proud of.
"We're not here to knock out the political people, and especially not Melissa Mark-Viverito," said one demonstrator. "We're here to support them, but we want to make sure that they do the right thing for our people. Make it a parade of pride and culture, and be transparent."
The parade is set to go up Fifth Avenue on Sunday, June 8.