Saturday, December 27, 2014

Follow us:
Follow @NY1 on Twitter Follow NY1 News on Facebook Follow NY1 News on Google+ Subscribe to this news feed 


Prosecutors Accuse Caretaker of Numerous Abuses in Wake of 4-Year-Old's Death

  • Text size: + -
TWC News: Prosecutors Accuse Caretaker of Numerous Abuses in Wake of 4-Year-Old's Death
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

out of 10

Free Video Views Remaining

To get you to the stories you care about, we are offering everyone 10 video views per month.

Access to our video is always free for Time Warner Cable video customers who login with their TWC ID.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

Heartbreaking details are emerging about the last few weeks in the life of the 4-year-old boy who died in Manhattan this week, as prosecutors say that the woman who was taking care of him admitted to a long list of abuses and could end up facing murder charges. NY1's Mahsa Saeidi filed the following report.

Prosecutors say that in the last three weeks of his life, 4-year-old Myls Dobson was tortured daily. 

On Wednesday, he was found starved, beaten and burned from head to toe, including his private parts. 

Officials say 27 year-old Kryzie King was supposed to be taking care of the boy. She's now facing serious charges. 

"Her mood is depressed, and she's sullen, as to be expected," said Bryan Konoski, King's attorney.

King became Myls' caretaker on December 17 after his mother lost custody and his father, King's boyfriend, was jailed.

In court Friday, prosecutors said that Myls lost 20 to 25 pounds in King's custody, and that King admitted to torturing Myls.

On December 29, the documents in the criminal complaint show that King said she placed a burning oven rack on Myls' leg. 

The next day, according to the complaint, she beat him with a belt, leaving scars.

In the days that followed she allegedly tied his wrists and feet together and gagged his mouth. And amid bitter cold temperatures, she allegedly locked the child outside on her terrace, wearing only a t-shirt and shorts.

"My client is presumed innocent throughout all of these proceedings, and that's the position we're taking," Konoski said. "This is an ongoing investigation, and nobody should rush to judgment at this time."

Myls' mother, Ashlee Dobson, said that she lost custody for financial reasons and had not seen her son since the end of November.

"I loved my son," Ashlee Dobson said. "He always loved me. He gave me kisses, like, 'Mommy, I love you.'"

Dobson's supporters accuse the Administration for Children's Services of making a fatal mistake.

"You took the child from an atmosphere where he was protected, where he was safe, and then put him in a situation, what have you, where he's no longer here," said Tony Herbert of Advocates Across Borders.

ACS officials said that Family Court reviews and approves custody decisions, and once ACS involvement with a family ends, they no longer have oversight.

ACS said that Mayor Bill de Blasio has ordered a thorough review of the case, and they expect to be submitting findings by the end of next week.

Related Stories ClientIP:, UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 ( Profile: TWCSAMLSP