One student Remains hospitalized and another is recovering at home after they were hurt during a chemistry experiment at a Manhattan high school last week.
The Beacon School says the students, a 16-year-old girl and a 16-year-old boy, were taken to Cornell Medical Center with burns from the fire on Thursday.
In a letter sent to parents, the school's principal Ruth Lacey says the girl is now recovering at home but the boy remains in the hospital.
The letter reads, in part, "The family of the hospitalized student has asked for privacy, and the school will respect their wishes. The school administration, staff and the Parent Association send our thoughts and prayers to our students and staff who were affected by this and hope for speedy recovery for those injured."
The Chemical Safety Board says the experiment, which uses methanol to burn dishes of materials, producing a variety of colored flames, has been blamed for other serious injuries around the country.