A well-known Manhattan restaurant hopes to reopen next week after being damaged by a grease fire.
It happened at Barbetta on West 46th Street around 6:20 p.m. Friday.
Fire officials said it started in the kitchen area.
They say that grease in the duct work fed the flames, which spread to the second floor.
"It took a long while to get through the duct work to get to the parts that were," Deputy Chief Don Donoghue of the New York City Fire Department. "There wasn't a lot burning after we knocked most of the fire down, but there were pockets of fire it took a while to get to."
It took more than 100 firefighters nearly an hour to bring it under control.
No one was hurt.
The owner, Laura Maioglio, told NY1 that the correct steps were taken to prevent a fire like this from happening.
"There was grease in the exhaust system, and we have them regularly cleaned every two months, and they were just cleaned on October 21, and somehow the grease, some grease that was in there, shouldn't have been, I think, caught fire," Maioglio said.
The restaurant will reopen with a limited menu.