Seven people were hurt in a fire that broke out at a Manhattan apartment early Sunday morning.
The New York City Fire Department says that the two-alarm fire broke out around 7 a.m. Sunday on the first floor of a building in Hamilton Heights.
Residents living in the apartment where flames broke out said it was an electrical fire.
Those NY1 spoke with said that smoke detectors inside did not work properly.
"They didn't go off. The building provided them, the building management," a resident said. "I don't know why they didn't work. But that's not what woke us. The smoke woke us."
The victims were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.