The New York City Fire Department says that the fire at a Bronx building where three people were found dead was an accident.
Officials say an unattended candle in the basement caused the September 9 fire, which sent more than 100 firefighters into action.
A week later, a contractor stumbled upon the charred remains of three people on the second story of the house.
The cause of death still hasn't been determined.
Residents say three men were known to be squatting in the building.
It was not searched immediately after the fire because the city had deemed it unsafe back in 2009 and it was supposed to be vacant.