Caribbean Pride is being celebrated all weekend long.
On Friday, the West Indian American Day Carnival Association hosted "Stay in School Youth Fest" in Brooklyn.
City kids were encouraged to come out and enjoy different aspects of Caribbean culture, including food, music and dance.
Aside from that, the main message was clear.
"I'm a teacher, and I think it's really, really important that we encourage our young people to stay in school," said one person.
"I like to encourage the youths as well because without school, you wouldn't really go anywhere far," said another. "So school is first, and stay in school."
"So it's also about bring culture together, diversity, but also letting people know that education is the base of everything," said a third.
The festivities culminate Monday with the West Indian American Day Parade at 11 a.m.
West Indian American Day Parade Street Closures
There will be a number of street closures from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday, the day of the West Indian American Day Parade. They are listed below:
• No eastbound or westbound traffic on Eastern Parkway
• No southbound traffic from Atlantic Avenue to Eastern Parkway
• No northbound traffic from Empire Boulevard to Eastern Parkway
• No eastbound traffic on Atlantic Avenue between 6th Avenue and Ralph Avenue
• No southbound traffic on Flatbush Avenue from Grand Army Plaza to Empire Boulevard
• No northbound traffic on Flatbush Avenue from Church Avenue to Grand Army Plaza
• Flatbush Avenue from Dean Street to Carlton Avenue
• Ocean Avenue from Empire Boulevard to Parkside Avenue
• No northbound traffic on Ocean Avenue from Parkside Avenue
• Howard Avenue from Pacific Street to St. Johns Place
Additional streets closed:
• Butler Place between Grand Army Plaza and Sterling Place
• St. John's Place between Underhill Avenue and Grand Army Plaza
• Rochester Avenue between E New York Avenue and Sterling Place
• Parkside Ave between Park Circle and Flatbush Avenue
• Bedford Avenue between Eastern Parkway and Empire Boulevard
• Empire Boulevard between Flatbush Avenue and Nostrand Ave