Police in Queens say a man sought in connection with the sexual assaults of two 7-year-old girls earlier this week may also be behind a third incident involving a 13-year-old girl on Thursday. NY1's Lewis Dodley filed the following report.
Police believe the man who they say sexually assaulted two little girls, hours apart, in South Ozone Park this week may have also exposed himself to a 13-year-old.
His image is posted on police notices around Sutter Avenue now, and people who live in the neighborhood are upset that he is still on the loose.
"He needs to be put away," said one person.
"If I saw the guy, I feel I could beat him up," said a second. "Because why prey on little kids like that?"
Police say the first attack happened around 3 p.m. Wednesday. The man allegedly groped a girl playing on her own stoop, then ran off when her 12-year-old sister yelled at him.
Then, at around 6 p.m., police say he struck again, assaulting a 7-year-old girl on Sutter Avenue. Police say the man allegedly attacked her when a ball she was playing with in her yard went over a fence and she went to retrieve it.
"Which is very bold because, for the simple fact, if you look around, like this house right here, it has cameras all around," said one person.
Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said investigators believe a third incident Thursday may be related.
"There's a 13-year-old girl who sees an individual, this is about three o'clock yesterday afternoon, reported late to us, that she sees an individual exposing himself in a car," Kelly said. "The description is roughly the same."
The suspect is described as in his 20s with dark hair, about 6 feet tall. He was last seen wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt with white writing. In the earlier attack, he was seen carrying a dark-colored backpack.
Anyone with information on the case should contact the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS, or text CRIMES and then enter TIP577, or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.