Sunday, April 20, 2014

Follow us:
Follow @NY1 on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Faulty Wiring Blamed In Fire That Killed Young Bronx Girl

  • Text size: + -
TWC News: Faulty Wiring Blamed In Fire That Killed Young Bronx Girl
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

Fire officials believe a deadly fire in the Bronx that left a 7-year old girl dead early Sunday morning was accidental.

Investigators say the fire inside a fourth floor apartment located at 977 Grant Avenue in Morrisania was sparked by electrical wiring in the kitchen.

The flames spread throughout the top floor residence around 3 a.m. Sunday.

A canister of gasoline was found inside the kitchen but it is not believed to be behind what sparked the fire.

Hazel Martinez, 7, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Her 3-year-old sister, Hailey, remains in critical condition.

Related Stories

10.11.12.247 ClientIP: 54.204.217.249, 23.62.6.63, 10.48.37.118 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP