Thursday, December 25, 2014

Follow us:
Follow @NY1 on Twitter Follow NY1 News on Facebook Follow NY1 News on Google+ Subscribe to this news feed 


Flushing Apartment Building Fire Sends One Person To Hospital

  • Text size: + -
TWC News: Flushing Apartment Building Fire Sends One Person To Hospital
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

out of 10

Free Video Views Remaining

To get you to the stories you care about, we are offering everyone 10 video views per month.

Access to our video is always free for Time Warner Cable video customers who login with their TWC ID.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

Fire officials say an accidental electrical fire in an apartment building in the Flushing section of Queens sent one person to the hospital Saturday night.

According to the FDNY, the fire started in a bathroom ceiling fan on the top floor of a seven-story building at 42-02 Kissena Boulevard shortly after 10 p.m.

The fire spread to the roof and grew to four alarms before firefighters got it under control around midnight.

"The fire was on the top floor, it extended to three apartments on the top floor and also into the cockloft, the area above the top floor ceiling and underneath the roof," said FDNY Deputy Assistant Chief Michael Marrone.

"I went outside. It was so high and then they told us, 'Go outside, go outside,'" said one resident. "I was rushing everybody."

One person was taken to the hospital with what were described as moderate injuries.

One firefighter and one other person suffered minor injuries and did not go to the hospital. ClientIP:,, UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 ( Profile: TWCSAMLSP