An explosion in a nail salon sparked a fast-moving fire in Queens Saturday morning.
Flames broke out shortly after 10 a.m. in a three-story building at 424 Beach 129th Street in Belle Harbor.
Sources say it started with an explosion at a nail salon on the first floor.
One of the firefighters battling the blaze was injured and rushed to the hospital in serious condition, and 11 firefighters suffered minor injures.
According to investigators, several firefighters safely escaped after noticing the floor starting to give way beneath them.
Red Cross representatives responded to help residents displaced by the fire.