• 1 turkey breast, cut from whole, stuffed with garlic & basil, and trussed
• 2 gallons cold water
• 2 cups kosher salt
• 2 tbsp whole black peppercorns
• 1 cup honey
• 1 bunch fresh thyme
• 1 head garlic, cut in half
• 1 Lemon, cut in half
1. Combine all brine ingredients and mix until salt is dissolved. Rinse turkey; truss with basil & garlic; submerge in brine.
2. Brine for at least 24 hours, and up to 3 days. If you do not have room in your refrigerator, you can do the brining in a cooler. Line the cooler with food-safe garbage bag. Fill the bag with your brine and turkey. Close the bag, and cover with ice to keep it cold.
3. When ready to smoke turkey, remove from brine; pat dry. Place in 220°F smoker for 4 hours. Check that internal temperature is at least 165°F before allowing to rest and carve.