Christmas butter cookies
Yields: 2 dozen cookies
• 2 sticks soft butter
• 1 cup confectionery sugar
• 1 egg
• ¾ cup chopped walnuts
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 12 maraschino cherries, cut in half
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the soft butter, sugar and extract with an electric mixer and paddle attachment.
3. Sift the dry ingredients and add to the butter and sugar. Add the walnuts and mix on slow speed until the nuts become part of the dough.
4. Drop the cookies onto a grease cookie pan OR scoop them out with a 1/2 ounce scoop.
5. Garnish the top of the cookies with half of a cherry.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 10 - 15 minutes, or until they turn a light golden brown.