• 1 cup walnut halves (toasted if you like....see procedure)
For the dressing:
• 1/2 cup leftover Thanksgiving cranberry sauce
• 1/4 cup canola oil (or other vegetable oil)
• 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
For the salad:
• 2-3 cups chopped cooked turkey meat
• 1-2 hearts of Romaine, rough chopped
• 2-3 apples, cored and diced
• approx. 3 - 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
It's not necessary but you can give the walnuts a little added depth of flavor by toasting them in a tsp or two of vegetable oil for 2 - 3 minutes and then seasoning them with salt to taste and taking them out of the pan to cool.
To make the dressing, add 1/2 cup cranberry sauce to a food processor and add 1/4 cup vegetable oil and 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar, put the lid on top and puree everything until it is nice and smooth.
There are no exact amount for a salad like this, you just need to rough chop as much Romaine lettuce as you like and core and dice as much apple as you like, and then toss those together in a large mixing bowl with as much of the cranberry vinaigrette as you like.
Divide the salad up onto individual plates and top each one with some chopped cooked turkey meat, some toasted walnuts and a handful of grated cheddar cheese.
Season the cooked chopped turkey meat with salt and pepper before adding to the salad.