Makes: 12 muffins
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and butter one 12 cup muffin pan and also melt 1/2 stick of unsalted butter on the stove top or in the microwave.
2. Add the melted butter to a small mixing bowl with 3/4 cup milk and 1 large egg and mix it up.
3. For the dry ingredients, use another larger mixing bowl to combine 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour with 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt and mix that up.
4. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. When it is just about completely combined, add 1 cup of fresh blueberries and carefully fold those into the mix.
5. Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan and place that onto the center rack of the preheated oven.
6. The muffins will take just about 15 minutes to bake and you should carefully spin the pan half way around once while it is in there.